Thursday, September 17, 2009

What to Expect?

Having returned from Georgetown, I now face the fact that I am only days away from moving to London. The whole moving to a new country/continent doesn't bother me that much, nor does the new school/style of education. My biggest worry is the social factor. Who will I hang out with? I've made friends here who are going to LSE, but I wonder if I'll actually see them that often when I'm over there. Or will I hang out with only Georgetown kids? That seems to defeat the point of going abroad to me.

Whenever I go on Facebook and see yet another new gallery of my friends in other foreign countries, I can only help but wonder if I'll have pictures like these posted. Will I suddenly create these friends who will want to go to Amsterdam, Wales, and Scotland with me? Will they want to watch a match at Emirates? Or will they only be into hitting the pubs? I guess I can only do my best to make some friends and not worry too much about it.

Another question I have is whether or not I will actually care or do much schoolwork. But that's a less important issue...

No comments: