Monday, September 7, 2009

Hash House Harriers


Hashing is the activity in which you run in a group, following a trail left by the "hare" (imagine Hansel and Gretel). Then, once you done running, or sometimes, while you're running, you drink beer. It's a running and drinking club, basically. I enjoy running, and the idea of a "drinking club with a running problem" sounds cool, I imagine this will turn out like my Dad's hiking group, a bunch of weird, eccentric old people with a strange superiority complex trying to stay in shape while having fun with like minded people. Hashing sounds awesome enough that I just might have to check one of these out, especially because it seems like a really British thing to do.
At the same time, living so close to Regent's Park, I may just stick to running there. But if that becomes repetitive or boring, it may be nice to get out and learn about some new routes like I did with the tri team at school. And there's beer afterwards! Running the city has always been my favorite way to learn about a new city, so hashing may be a good fit for me.

I just wish there was an LSE hashing club (kennel) so that I could run with people my age. At least that way, I'm meeting people my age.

No comments: