Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Veery's E-mail

So, I e-mailed some girl named Veery, and she responded with the following e-mail:

Overall, I loved living in London. That being said, it was extremely expensive, which grew very tiresome. LSE itself was an interesting experience, because it is so different from Georgetown. I am in the MSB, and found my two business classes there to be very challenging because there is very little teaching and a lot of independent learning. My two non-business classes, one Sociology and one Environmental, were fantastic. So, it definitely depends on what you are interested in studying.
In terms of internships, it is definitely difficult. I had an internship previously lined up, and they were willing to be flexible on my start date. Georgetown and LSE both tell you that you can't plan to begin any work until July, but as it turned out for me, my last final was on May 29th. So you just never know, and you don't find out until the end of March.
Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you... but seriously, London is great, just make sure to take lots of money and warm clothes!

No comments: