Friday, January 23, 2009

NFL UK

So, I registered my interest to purchase tickets for the annual game in London. This year the game will be between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New England Patriots. Though I don't care for any team, the game will be held in Wembley Stadium, and if I don't go to this game, I doubt I ever have another chance to attend an event there.

So, yesterday, I got my PIN to buy tickets, yet I don't know what I should do. On the one hand, I would love to see this game at Wembley. It's one of those things I will only get to do while studying in London. On the other hand, I would have to go alone since I don't know anyone else at LSE yet. And it's incredibly expensive with the exchange rate and British prices. This doesn't bother me as much since I thought I'd be able to sell my ticket in the event I didn't go. However, after looking online, I've found that I'd have to spend an extra $20 (13.50 pounds) in order to have the tickets shipped to me instead of paying 4.50 pounds to hold the tickets at the box office. If they are held though, I wouldn't be able to sell them. On top of that, apparently the NFL restricts the resale of tickets online, so I may not be able to sell them anyways.

So, I pretty much decided to not buy the tickets. But I am still considering it. I don't know, I just don't know.

No comments: