Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October

Check out more pictures from my Tour through London.

So, I lied. I didn't join the rugby team. I ended up going to the Party in the Park just to see how the game was played, but I came back with two main observations: Berrylands (the LSE playing fields) is way too far away (you have to take the tube to Waterloo, then take a train out) and the rugby guys are douchebags. Instead of playing a friendly game of rugby, they spent most of their time posing for topless pictures. Not really my thing. So, I wasted ten pounds there...
Check out where I live.

Thankfully the weather hasn't been too cold yet, but I still see people wearing their heavy wool coats. Just walking to school makes me sweat in my hoodie, I don't understand how anyone can possibly feel cold when it's never below 50 degrees.
One day while walking to school, wearing my Wu-Tang shirt, two guys came up to me and asked me if I liked Raekwon. Obviously, I do, so they gave me "free" passes to his concert that Saturday at Matter in the O2. As I walked away, I first checked to see if my wallet was still in my back pocket, then checked these passes. All they said on it was "Matter - Free Pass 3/9/09." Good enough for me, except that Saturday was 3/10/09. At this point, I wondered if he just messed up the date because it was still September or if he intentionally wrote the wrong date just to get me down to the O2. Nonetheless, I didn't go because I'm lazy.
My friend and I also went bar hopping one night and ended up at this bar called the Intrepid Fox, where everyone seemed to be dressed in leather. They also had numerous tattoos and whip scars on their arms and necks. Silver statues of naked women wearing gas masks adorned the walls. And to make the scene complete, metal blared over the speakers. The bar was a novelty, but was a bit on the pricey side. And it's not like I fit in wearing a Hurley hoodie and jeans.

Other stuff happened too since I last posted, like lectures and classes and explorations of the city and boat/booze cruises and other touristy stuff, but that's no fun.

No comments: