Saturday, April 25, 2009

Missing Georgetown

Yesterday was Georgetown Day, the annual day of drinking and revelry that celebrates the end of the school year. And after spending all day just lazing around with my friends, I realize that I am going to miss this place next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not second-guessing my decision to go to LSE, but I'm definitely as anxious about going. I wouldn't mind putting it off for a little bit. I am going to miss all these morons I call friends. I don't want to miss all the small things that happen like Vic breaking his ankle or Decker getting locked out of his room after a shower or Dave and Pat's constant bitching about crew. And it's so much worse considering the living situation next year. Instead of living with 7 of my best friends in 2 apartments, I'll be in a single in London. Not only that, but all my other friends will be in the same apartment complex.

But this pseudo-nostalgia for what might be is completely dependent on my mood. I'm in a good mood right now, in a lull between all the schoolwork. But I know that if I had a lot of work or if I was in a bad mood, like last week, I'd hate this place and want nothing more to leave. But now that I am recognizing the good things about this place, I am a little hesitant. Given there's nothing I can do now though. But it's London, that's far, really far away.

I guess I just need to keep in mind that LSE will be school and work, but it will also be a great, new experience that I can't get anywhere else. Like everything else in life, I want to keep a balance in my emotions and view of London. Moderation...that's what I've learned in college, right?

No comments: